Apple releases Xcode 14 [Download]
Apple has released Xcode 14 with downloadable simulator runtimes for watchOS and tvOS, a single target model for cross-platform apps, new SDKs, and more.
Xcode includes everything developers need to create great apps for Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and Apple Watch. Xcode provides developers with a unified workflow for UI design, coding, testing, and debugging. The Xcode IDE combined with the Swift programming language makes app development easy and fun.
What’s new in this version :
Xcode 14 includes Swift 5.7 and SDKs for iOS 16, iPadOS 16, tvOS 16, watchOS 9, and macOS Monterey 12.5.
● Run the downloadable simulator for WatchOS and tvOS
● Single target model for cross-platform apps on iOS, iPad OS, macOS and tvOS
● Automatic icon generation for all icon sizes using Asset Catalog
● Pinned code structure in the source editor
● SwiftUI interactive previews are now enabled by default and provide multiple UI variations from a single preview provider.
Construction and documentation
● Faster compilation performance due to improved dependency analysis and increased parallelism
● New build timeline wizard to help identify build performance issues
● Create and order package plugins in Swift Packages
● Support for Objective-C and C API documentation in Swift-DocC
● Syntax highlighting and refactoring operations for regular expressions
● Smarter code completion and additional dynamic snippets
You can download Xcode for free from the App Store.