Fixed Call of Duty Vanguard server snapshot error
Here is a complete guide on how you can fix the Server snapshot error to Call of Duty: The Vanguard. Call of Duty: Vanguard is a recently released first person shooter. It has already gained a lot of popularity among game enthusiasts. However, many gamers have reported experiencing the “Server snapshot error” message.
This error excludes them from online matches and prompts them to quit the game. This error is reported on PC, PlayStation and Xbox consoles. Now, if you are one of those users who encounter the same error, then this guide is for you. In this article, we are going to mention several functional fixes that will help you fix the server snapshot error.
What causes the server snapshot error in Call of Duty: Vanguard?
Here are the possible causes that could trigger the server snapshot error on Call of Duty: Vanguard:
- A large number of users have faced this error in the Domination game mode. Considering this, it can be assumed that the error may be due to the Domination game mode issue. You can try exiting Domination game mode and then see if the error is fixed.
- This can also happen if the NAT type is not open. So make sure the NAT type is open and not closed.
Now that you know the causes of the error, you can try a suitable solution from the ones listed below.
Fixed Call of Duty: Vanguard Server snapshot error
Here are the methods to fix the server snapshot error on Call of Duty: Vanguard:
- Passage of the game mode Domination.
- Make sure your NAT type is open.
Now let’s discuss the above solutions in detail!
1]Switch from Domination game mode
The server snapshot error is mainly reported by players who were playing in Domination mode. However, it is not yet clear whether the error only occurs when playing Domination mode. Since a large number of Call of Duty: Vanguard players have reported experiencing this error with Domination mode, we recommend that you do not play any type of Domination game mode.
Here are some of the game modes that don’t seem to receive this error. You can play in any of these modes to avoid the error:
- Free for all
- Team Deathmatch
- Kill confirmed
- Search and destroy
- Hard point
If you are experiencing the server snapshot error with another game mode, you can try the next potential fix to resolve the error.
2]Make sure your NAT is open
You are likely to encounter this error when your NAT (Network Address Translation) is closed. Therefore, it is recommended to check if you have an Open NAT type. It is basically used to check whether or not your machine can easily play online games for other players or not. When you have a closed NAT type, it will cause problems to establish connections with other players in the same lobby as yours. As a result, you might get the server snapshot error on Call of Duty: Vanguard. So if the scenario is applicable, change your NAT type to Open.
Now, depending on which platform you are on, the steps to check and change the NAT type differ. We share the steps for some popular platforms; so check it out below.
Check the NAT type on the Xbox console:
First, you need to check if your NAT type is Closed or Open. To check the NAT type on the Xbox console, you can go to the network settings. Here are the steps to check the NAT type on the Xbox console:
- First, press the Xbox button on your Xbox One or Xbox Series X / S console to bring up the guide menu.
- Now go to System tab then click on the All settings option.
- Then inside the Settings menu, click on the Network settings menu.
- After that, under Current Network Status and check if the NAT Type field is Open or Closed.
- Once done, you can change the NAT type by enabling UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) by going to your router’s settings.
Check the type of NAT on the PC:
If you encounter the error while playing the game on PC, you can follow the steps below to check the NAT type:
- First, open taskbar search and find and open the Xbox console companion app.
- Now in the Xbox Console Companion app, tap on the gear icon present in the lower left corner and then tap on the Network tab.
- Then, in the Network tab, check the status of NAT type.
- After that, if the status is closed or moderate, you enable UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) by going to the router settings.
Check the NAT type on Playstation 4 and Playstation 5:
For Playstation 4 or Playstation 5 users, here are the steps to check the NAT type:
- First, from the main dashboard on Playstation, click on the Settings menu.
- Now in the Settings menu that appears, go to Network and navigate to the View connection status section.
- After that, see if NAT type is displayed other than type 2. If yes, you can try to enable UPnP from router settings.