Fixed Microsoft Visual Studio location simulator sensor not working
Some users complain that Microsoft Visual Studio location simulator sensor not working on their Windows computers. Some of them tried to update the device driver from Device Manager. But when they updated the driver, they got the following error message from device manager:
This device does not work properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)
According to the developers of Visual Studio, the Microsoft Visual Studio location simulator sensor has been removed from the 2017 version of Visual Studio. However, some users still encounter the driver issue with Visual Studio. If this is your case, this article can help you fix it.
What is the Microsoft Visual Studio location simulator sensor used for?
The Microsoft Visual Studio Location Simulator Sensor provides an environment for developers to design, develop, test, and debug Windows Store applications. It also allows developers to simulate Windows Store apps so that they can test their functionality.
Microsoft Visual Studio location simulator sensor not working
If the Microsoft Visual Studio Location Simulator sensor is not working on your system, try the following solutions:
- Run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter.
- Update the driver manually.
- Uninstall the driver (for Visual Studio version 2017 users).
Let’s discuss these solutions in detail.
1]Run the program compatibility troubleshooter
You may be experiencing the issue due to compatibility issues. To resolve it, run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter. Follow the steps below:
- Right click on the Microsoft Visual Studio icon on your desktop and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, click the Compatibility tongue.
- Now click on the Run the Compatibility Troubleshooter button.
After the troubleshooting process is complete, check if the problem persists.
2]Update the driver manually
Automatic driver update may generate an error. Manual device driver update worked for some users. You can also try this. The steps to update the Microsoft Visual Studio location simulator sensor driver are listed below:
- hurry Win + R keys to launch the To run control box.
devmgmt.mscand click OK. This will launch the device manager.
- Expand the Sensors node.
- Right click on Microsoft Visual Studio Location Simulator Sensor and select Update the driver.
- To select Browse my computer for drivers.
- Click on the Let me choose from a list of drivers available on my computer option.
- Click on Have a record then click on Browse.
- Go on the way C: Program Files Common Files microsoft shared Windows Simulator 14.0 and select SensorsSimulatorDriver.inf to file.
- Click Open, then click OK.
- Now click on Next.
Wait for Windows to install the device driver on your system. After the installation process is complete, check if the problem is resolved or not.
3]Uninstall the driver (For users of Visual Studio version 2017)
We explained earlier in this article that the Microsoft Visual Studio Location Simulator Sensor has been removed from Visual Studio version 2017. Therefore, if you have Visual Studio version 2017, you can uninstall its driver from Device Manager. . Many users reported that this solution fixes their problem. Maybe this will work for you too.
Follow the instructions below:
- Start the Device Manager.
- Expand the Sensors node.
- Right click on Microsoft Visual Studio Location Simulator Sensor and select Uninstall the device.
- Click on Uninstall in the pop-up window.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
After uninstalling the driver, the problem should be resolved on your system.
How to fix Visual Studio location simulator sensor?
You can repair the Visual Studio Location Simulator sensor by updating or uninstalling the device driver. In some cases, running the Compatibility Troubleshooter resolves the issue. We have explained all the solutions to fix this problem above in this article.
Hope this helps you.
Read more: Visual Studio Code crashes on Windows.