Samsung’s C-Lab program brings dehumidifying headphones to CES 2022
For CES 2022, Samsung unveiled a new C-Lab starter range which includes pet and baby technology with a spin on promoting additional wearable technology promoting safety features.
C-Lab is divided into both C-Lab Inside – an “internal company program” and C-Lab Outside – Samsung’s “startup acceleration program”. Created in 2012, the C-Lab Inside incubation program encourages employees to venture out and work on experimental projects. The program expanded in 2018, creating the C-Lab Outside program. Four internal programs were scheduled to be on display at CES 2022, with projects ranging from testing technology and child health technology.
Among those presented, here are a few that stood out:
- DearBuds (outside): Earpiece-style Bluetooth ear device that tracks moisture in the ear. In addition to tracking, the technology inside the device can clean your ear by releasing light and heat to dehumidify your ear canal. The case that contains the hearing aids provides a moisture reading from your ears.
- Innovision (interior): An app designed to help monitor eye development in infants and potential symptoms of strabismus, eye misalignment.
- Prinker Korea, Inc. (outside): A combined mobile app and device experience that will allow you to create a temporary tattoo simply by choosing the design on your phone, spraying a primer on your skin and printing it on your skin.
- Petnow (outside): A biometric dog app that lets you use your dog’s noseprint to identify it. The app is supposed to relieve owners of the “hassle” of tracking inserts like chips.
- Tooning (Exterior): An AI cartoon creator where users can design and apply movements to their characters. These characters are able to make presentations, online campaigns, etc.
Additionally, C-Lab exhibitors include healthcare technology applications like MECS (Monitor Elderly Care System) – a diaper sensor that will allow caregivers to track diaper activity and movement – and applications that cross animal health and care like PurrSong – an AI technology that allows owners to personify their cats health on their mobile device.